How to hack a CCTV camera
How vulnerable is your CCTV camera system?
Sophos researcher James Lyne demonstrates how vulnerable are your internet-connected CCTV cameras.
How to protect your CCTV cameras?
The below are some of the preventing measures that you can take to protect your CCTV system.
- Use a reputable CCTV brand. Don’t go with the cheapest system on the market. Pelco, BOSCH, Hikvision, Samsung and Panasonic are some of the reputable brands.
- Don’t use obvious passwords or default passwords.
- Change your passwords at regular intervals.
- Make sure that your home wifi is secured.
- Don’t buy a used secuirty camera.
- Try to use a wired security camera system.
- Keep an eye on your remote access log.
- Check for the latest camera firmware updates.
If you like this Post, like it and Share it.