The first steps to take when thinking of starting a new career in CCTV and Alarm installation industry.
Network with people in your chosen sector:
“The best way to understand this industry and the way it treats people, including during the recruitment process, is to talk to those currently working as fire and security product installation professionals.
Spread your net wide – from trainee to senior CCTV/Alarm technicians to really understand how it all works.
Here are some of the ways you can start building networking.
- Are you a part of a Facebook Group Page? With over 1.25 billion users, Facebook is the powerhouse of the social networks.
- Show people who you are, where you’ve come from, what are your experiences – This is the equivalent to your online resume and it’s perfect for showing off your experience and building your network.
Join professional bodies for CCTV & Alarm engineers
- Here are some of the potential benefits that membership can offer you.
- Over 99,000 electrical professionals hold an ECS card to show their hard-earned credentials at work and on site.
- It proves your identity on site and workplace.
- You need the relevant ECS card to get employment on building sites.
- You’ll also be able to prove you’re competent in health and safety.
Click here to find the correct type of card for you.